This will be a quick walk through on how to build remarketing audience for non converting visitors in Google Analytics. To build a remarketing audience for non converting visitors in Google Analytics you will first need to have updated your tracking code to allow for building audiences via Analytics and seeing demographic and interest information. Note that when you build a remarketing audience in Google Analytics you can not use this audience for retargeting list for search ads campaigns (RLSA). You can use you use this list for Google display network and standard Google remarketing.
What You Need to Build Remarketing Audience for Non Converting Visitors Google Analytics
- As mentioned, you need the remarketing and display addition to your Analytics Code
- You need goals set up – for this example we will block converters of all goals, but you can easily specify
- You need a linked AdWords account
How to Build Remarketing Audience for Non Converting Visitors Google Analytics
1. Open Analytics. Admin > Remarketing > Audiences:
2. + new audience. The option in red.
3. Select view with the goal you want to exclude, select your LINKED AdWords account and then click “Next step.”
4. Under “Define Audience” click “Create New:”
5. Click “Conditions” tab
6. Set filter to “Sessions” – “Exclude”
7. Toggle your drop downs to “Goal Completions” – “per session” “=” “1” If you have a specific goal in mind set it here instead of “goal completions.
8. Click “Apply.”
10. Add your new remarketing audience for non converting visitors as usual in your AdWords campaign.
That’s how to build remarketing audience for non converting visitors in Google Analytics. Let me know if you have any questions. This is great for targeting those who’ve bailed.